M6Roar
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '14 M6GC

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazarov View Post
Hi,
I am planing on going the same route.
I am finding hard to justify 2-3k$ for aftermarket charge coolers (supposedly more 30% more cooling capacity). With the added cooling from water-meth, i suspect the extra capacity is even more unnecessary and not yielding any real benefits.

Can you share some more details, and hopefully pics of your modifications?
Looking at the pics you shared, it seems you drilled the plastic cap on the exit side, is that correct? Is the material thick enough there?
How do you find it in terms of quality and reliability, has it worked so far?

Thanks in advance!
Aftermarket coolers doesn't worth it, I got a reputable brand used it for 6 months and went back to stock but that is just my opinion. They are currently collecting dust lol.

Stock ones are holding up great for almost 2 years now. where I tapped and made the 1/8th npt thread is the strongest location in the Charger coolers, scratched the surface with sanding paper and glued an M8 to 1/8th npt adapter with Gorillaweld for extra assurance and I use Aquamist nozzles that fits perfectly in the adapter and I can change the nozzle size anytime I want.
(Be careful when drilling, you will need a stopper or a machine drill so you don't hit the inner parts of the charge coolers)

BTW I purchased used OEM coolers you can find them around 50 to 100 USD
Appreciate 0