Qsilver7
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F06 650ix GC / F15 X5 50i

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derekz4 View Post
And I’ll assume that most of these features will disappear when 3g goes off the air next year. At least for those that have a MY16 or older.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frupal View Post
... It is my understanding the the Nav info is on a hard drive. I wonder if that includes all the gas stations, POIs, etc.?
Frugal’s assumption is correct. The info in post #3 is based on your navigation software which is uploaded to your internal hardrive...so as long as your navigation software is pretty much up to date (at least only a couple of years old)...then the POI (point of interest) features should be up to date (or pretty much up to date...not sure how COVID has affected some POIs that were active prior to the pandemic) and are not web based.

In fact, my 2013 f06 (which the pics are from in post #3) already lost its BMW Connected Drive feature because it was 2G...but the range info and refueling info etc is still there and works. I updated the navigation system in Dec 2018...so the nav map software is only like 3 years old now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derekz4 View Post
...it looks like some platforms may be eligible for an upgrade at no cost. I wonder which will be eligible?
From reading some of the newer forums...it appears that BMW has settled on 2016+ for the ability to upgrade to 4G/5G. But there’s a lot of unhappy owners...so I’m not convinced that this is set in concrete yet in regards to the final decision of who can upgrade and/or how much it will cost to upgrade.

Become a BMW CCA member! Click HERE to join and feel free to use my BMW CCA member #191509 as a referral.
Appreciate 1
Frupal791.50