Thread: Long-ish drive
View Single Post
      05-15-2021, 02:28 PM   #3
Qsilver7
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F06 650ix GC / F15 X5 50i

There’s always other criteria to look at in these situations, too...and one of those is average MPH. If your average MPH is higher (which usually occurs when traveling at a consistent speed with very little braking)...then your average MPG and range will be higher.

If or when your driving situation changes...like if you were to change over to two lane roads or urban traffic with stops signs are traffic lights...then your average MPH will drop...along with your range and average MPG.

Also, if you have a destination entered into the Nav...then you will also see a little dot in the range gauge below the speedometer. That dot is an indicator of when you’ll need to refuel (if you want to make it back home without running out of gas)...and it can also be used to help find local fuel stations near that area...which you can find using the POI (point of interest) feature the navigation system has. You can also make the refueling an added destination (if you desire)...or just look in advance as to what fuel stations are near the recommended area.

You can see some examples in the pics below. The dot circled in the range gauge shows when I would need to refuel when I entered my sister’s home address (about 150 miles away) when I have about a 1/2 tank of gas & considering my current MPG & MPH. I would need to refuel around the Dayton OH area. I can use the onBoard nav system to give me recommendations for refueling and approx how far away etc (again based on my current MPG & MPH)...which could change if those criteria changed (mpg & mph):
Attached Images

Become a BMW CCA member! Click HERE to join and feel free to use my BMW CCA member #191509 as a referral.
Appreciate 3
Derekz4169.00
Frupal791.50