View Single Post
      05-29-2020, 10:27 PM   #23
Whipple
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW M6 Gran Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airz View Post
I have to say that reading this thread makes me think CCBs are more trouble than they're worth unless you plan on doing a lot of fast track driving.
The standard brakes are pretty good and upgraded fluid and pads would be enough for most people for the odd track day.
Absolutely not , I would never trade my CCBs for steel , The wheels stay clean , literally no dust ,the braking is awesome with no swerve at hard braking , there is no corrosion or rusting , You don’t have to change pads if you go on the track , they don’t warp, there much lighter unsprung weight , The discs last the life of the car , especially the way I’m using them , If you track them they will last 4 to 5 times longer than steel , so you will put 4 to 5 sets of rotors before 1 set of CCBs , So your looking at least 10k to 12k in steel Plus labor 5 times , without all the benefits of CCBs
That’s why all the super cars have them
This discussion is a learning curve for me because everyone I ask who has CCBs never changed there original pads yet , I never did either , I actually think I will go to a BMW service and see what they say about my current pad life , I will have them do it when they do the 3rd brake light
Appreciate 1
MetZF8263.50