View Single Post
      03-19-2020, 10:32 PM   #42
RagtagXMASTER
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2013 M6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whipple View Post
I think you and I are on the same page and I agree with every word you said, couple weeks ago I asked troyup a question about engine oil this is what he had to say,

troyjeup mentioned you in a comment: @antimatter01 I would not use 0w40. It is too thin. The wear on the s63tu is at temperature. Not on cold start. And 0w30 or 0w40 is proven not to hold up to the bearing pressures these engines fail bearings at 60k miles every day of the week. Every build I do runs 5w50 redline year round. It is thin enough for cold starts and see strong as hell during everything else. Try it and you will see immediately improvement

People can say what they want but this guy lives it, he has plenty of his rebuilt engines over 100k miles,im not saying he knows more than a BMW M engineer but an M engineer might agree with him about this oil , Im sure a BMW engineer can tell corporate until there blue in the face this oil is better and they will turn the other cheek ah its good enough it better for emissions !!

Even with your oil report you can see this is true ,im going to order that 5W50 right now ,Im going to put a cup of each in the freezer and see witch one flows better to see how thick they come out sometimes a better quality thicker oil flows better than a cheap thin oil, project farm lol,this is making all sense now I changed oil before when it was pretty hot mostly 5w30 it was in my Denali,and its actually as thin a water when it comes out

I forgot to mention I spoke to Moe at DME tuning and he said either Motul Sport 5w40 or Redline 5W50 so Redline is legit
Indeed, i get a lot of knowledge from those guys too. it makes complete sense too. this platform will have the same growing pains as the s65/85 and its better to spread the information than not share it.