View Single Post
      03-18-2020, 10:07 PM   #37
Whipple
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW M6 Gran Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by RagtagXMASTER View Post
after getting some oil analysis back from blackstone on the oem oil, liqui moly liechlauf 5w-40, and molygen 5w-40, they all have a high failure rate at operating temperature in the s63tu, the notes on my oil reports are that the oil is thinning out at operating temp. the 30 weight acts more like a 20 weight at temp, and the 40 more like a 30 at temp

my next plan is to try out the redline 5w-50. its used in the DOHC mustangs. it has a really good sheer strength.

there are plenty of issues with the engines from a design aspect, but dont lose sleep over it.
I thought the Molygen did good ?? I truly believe no matter what oil you use in this engine it must be changed within 4K miles or less depending on how hard you push the car than less ,I heard good things about the Redline 5w50 but im scared to try it lol
2015 M6 Gran Coupe> DME stage 3 tune back end flash>JB4 with Methanol control>Fabworx Catless downpipes>Full Meistershaft GTC exhaust 102mm GB tips>Built motor with Forged Cp Carillo Rods and Pistons > SSP spec X clutch > Stage 1 Pure Turbos>PG front mount intakes>PG charge coolers>Vorsteiner front and rear Carbon diffuser>Auto Tecknic Carbon shift paddles>3D Design aluminum pedals
Appreciate 0