09-18-2018, 09:26 AM   #5
Qsilver7
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F06 650ix GC / F15 X5 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opie55 View Post
I'm the rare weirdo who drives a 650i convertible 365 days a year in Colorado and uses the original ivory carpeted mats year round. ...
Hmmm, you raise another point to consider...which would be the color of the carpet & original mats.

If you have the anthracite/black carpet...the oe f06/f12/f13 specific rubber mats (ordered from the part database) have a textured design and sort of blend-in giving a "textured" look when you first open the doors.

BMW also sells rubber mats that are sold in the parts department that are kind of like the "generic" version...which have a slightly different design and come in multiple colors (black/gray/sand). And you also have the aftermarket rubber mats:

Then there are the "liners" which I believe are manufactured by WeatherTech and have the BMW label slapped on them.

If you have light colored carpet, then using the anthracite/black all weather mats or liners...will give a slight different look due the contrast. If you use the all weather mats that are colored...then that will give a slightly different look.

Then there's always the velour carpeted mats, too.

Become a BMW CCA member! Click HERE to join and feel free to use my BMW CCA member #191509 as a referral.

Last edited by Qsilver7; 09-19-2018 at 10:33 AM..
Appreciate 1
Vorpel47.00