Rep
Drives: M Sport 335i

Garage List
2014 335i  [9.74]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWM5NYC View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by glennQNYC View Post
I just wonder if the OP (and others) realize how inconvenient Orchard Beach is to Brooklyn and midtown Manhattan. That's where he said he was going to be.
FDR to the Bruckner is a straight shot from Manhattan, BQE to Triboro to Bruckner for western Brooklyn, or Belt Pkwy to Cross Island to Throggs Neck Bridge and you are there from Eastern Brooklyn. Easier than people from Westchester or northern NYC trying to get to Liberty State Park in Jersey. Either way somebody is gonna meet traffic, but the Jersey bound people will see more.
I laughed at this post because San Francisco is a "straight shot" from the George Washington Bridge, but that doesn't mean it's convenient.

Lets be real... The OP is coming from Jersey City and going to Manhattan and Brooklyn. Orchard Beach is what people are going to call a convenient location for him? I don't. Again- I'm not going so I really don't give a crap, but the OP obviously only has limited time. If it were me I wouldn't want to spend any of it traveling to, from, or in the Bronx. Plus, the views from Liberty State Park in Jersey City (the town he is staying in) are FAR superior to those from Orchard Beach.

Perhaps it would be helpful to know what part of Brooklyn he intends to go. There's a huge difference between say- Williamsburg and Sheepshead Bay.