View Single Post
      03-24-2017, 04:50 PM   #27
PIR3lly
Private
Netherlands
Rep
Drives: F06 650ix

Not really sure. I think it's for all 5 and 6 series front shocks. But you don't "really" need it, if you just make sure you align everything the same way as it came originally. If you don't, you'll get into problems mounting the shock back in position (and according to the manual, it could cause "substantial impairment of handling characteristics").

I just came back of doing the lowering myself. 2013 6 Gran Coupe xDrive.
Purchased Eibach pro lowering springs and my local BMW dealer adviced me to buy a set of new support bearings (with screws), as the screws that go into them are self tapping. I also was able to borrow all the Original BMW special tools needed to do the lowering.
With this, a bridge and the help of a friend (mechanic) the install took us only 4 hours. And that's on an xDrive! It was pretty straight forward.
You just have to pay good attention as to how you get the shocks out. Also removing the nuts from the rear shocks through the speaker holes was a bit of a challenge. There was almost no need to remove additional components to remove the shocks. I did make some pictures during the install. If I find some spare time, I might be able to upload them if wanted.

I'm really happy with the result. Not too low, and still a comfortable ride.
Total costs including springs and support bearings; €390,- (still have to do the alignment though).

Sorry about the grainy pics, was a bit difficult with the garage lighting...
Appreciate 0