Garage List
2000 BMW M5  [0.00]
1990 BMW 735i Turbo  [0.00]
2008 BMW M3  [7.50]
2015 BMW M3  [0.00]
2015 BMW M5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haywood View Post
Check out BPM Sport. Mike is one of the best BMW tuners in the industry and his tunes are safe and reversible. Completely stand up guy and backs all his work. I've had his tunes on 3 different cars (current 650i) and it always produces awesome results.
Thank you! Glad you are enjoying the software!

Quote:
Originally Posted by spikespiegel View Post
agreed about Mike and BPMSport. Very happy customer, hes also very communicative and patient!
Thank you!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjposner View Post
Technically none, but Dinan matches factory warranty time/miles period. If a BMW dealer performs Dinan tune, even if BMW denies warranty claim, dealership should back-up repair through Dinan warranty. Some external flashes capture original code and then can re-write, which may prevent prior tune detection
With regard to the warranty discussion - the first rule of thumb is that there is always a risk of a warranty issue. Fortunately, we can count the warranty issues our customers have had on one hand spanning 9 years, which is an excellent track record.

We were the first company to freeze the flash counter as well as the only one for some time that provided you with your exact original stock version when returning to stock - both which ensure an added layer of consistency to prevent obvious signs software was modified. There is no external flash that can capture the original code and rewrite - in fact, you can only read a very small section of the code from the car. Providing the exact stock original version puts the calibration to the exact same it was prior to the flash. The only part that can't be restored are environmental data that the ECU records, such as max speed, rpm, etc - these can only be changed via ECU removal.

Flashing the ECU is the best way to safely extract more power from the vehicle, as piggyback units essentially trick the ECU into making more power, and this, by-itself, can reduce the effectiveness of built in protection systems designed to ensure longevity. I can not tell you the number of customers that have switched from piggyback units to a proper flash tune that were amazed not only at the performance increase and drive-ability, but the consistency as well.

A lot of customers still in the factory warranty have requested a less aggressive calibration, and then switch to something more aggressive when the warranty period is over. Third party extended warranty contracts are really the best bet.

At the end of the day, the warranty risk is always present, so it's a matter of weighing the pros and cons in each specific situation

-----| Like us on Facebook | Instagram || Tuning Information | Remote Coding |-----
----Visit us at www.BPMSport.com - Emotion. Driven. | Toll Free: (888) 557-5133----
Appreciate 1
Flying Ace4984.50