05-07-2012, 06:44 PM   #36
Matski
Captain
England
Rep
Drives: A slow BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by elusivefx View Post
BMW is already like that tho, they push the best lease deals and they have great residuals value when compared to their competitors mercedes, audi, porsche, and the list goes on.

They are always $50-$100 less on a lease for a 3 series when comparing to a A4, or a C Class. and always $75-$125 less on a 5 when you compare it to a A6 or a E class, $ and hundreds of dollars cheaper when you compare a 7 Series it to a S class or a A8, XJ.

They know that 65-70% of new BMW's are not financed or paid in cash like other brands like Land rover, but are in fact leased. Their buyers are different and their volume is different than other brands.

I've got sales managers that are my friends at pretty much every new and used car dealerships and let me tell you.

Range rovers most people pay up in cash. Jags same thing.

When it comes to bmw's its mostly always a lease deal, or some sort of nice finance special .9 on cpo. what have you.
Can't remember the numbers exactly but something like 20% of new BMW's are leased, this is the global retail figure, with USA accounting for about 30% of that, and China less than 10% (I guess this excludes Fleet). It's in the 2011 Financial reports if anyone has the time to sift through them! Eitherway, the least BMW's are being leased in the fastest growing market.
Appreciate 0