06-25-2020, 11:06 AM   #4
m6NYC
Private
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW M6 Gran Coupé

Quote:
Originally Posted by phan View Post
The car has a hair over 57k miles.

The videos I found sounded more like a clunk or even a rattle - this is definitely not what i'm hearing. It's more of a squeak or even a creak, as if a bushing was on its way out. If anyone's owned an X5/SUV, I'd liken it to the rear hatch area creaking a bit when going over a bump (my E70 does this all the time, sounds exactly the same).

Either way, thank you both for your responses. The car is curently at BMW getting the third brakelight recall done but when I get it back, I'll do the drive-reverse + brake pedal test to see if the sound is still present.

Could it not be a control arm bushing? I changed the fronts ~5k miles ago but the rears weren't in terrible shape per my indy so I left them alone.
I initially thought it might've been the bushing but when you said it sounds like its coming from the rear center fold down seat, thats pathognomonic for driveshaft. Bushings would sound like brake squeal, you'll know it's coming from the front or rear suspension but its harder to tell which side passenger or driver.
Appreciate 0