06-16-2020, 09:55 AM   #6
Qsilver7
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F06 650ix GC / F15 X5 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by x-tech7 View Post
... Also there seems to be two types of brake rotor hub screws, not sure which set. There is a M8x12 and M8x14. Which is the correct set. Car is a 2017 M6 coupe. Any advice will help. Thanks!!
This is easily made clear by simply using one of the online part database sites...pulling up the diagram shows exactly why there are two screws...and also where they are used.

You may also want to verify the info you posted about the hub screw sizes...you either have a typo...or you're looking at the wrong rotor set-up. I would recommend going to one of the sites, typing in the last 7 digits of your VIN...then going to the BRAKE diagrams to find the rotors for your M6 then check the part nbr index etc to make sure you're getting ones for the M6.

If you're not familiar with the diagrams...the encircled numbers represents hardware like screws/nuts/bolts/clips/pins/etc and usually have their own index within the diagram. You can clearly see where #2 & #4 in the diagram are used.

Become a BMW CCA member! Click HERE to join and feel free to use my BMW CCA member #191509 as a referral.
Appreciate 1