Rep
Drives: BMWs

Garage List
2023 BMW S1000RR  [0.50]
2022 BMW F900XR  [3.00]
2022 BMW X6 40i  [0.50]
2020 BMW M2C  [9.50]
It really depends on your budget.

For lawnmowers I like eXmark but they are expensive. I had a walk-behind and when wet the drive belt would slip. I ending up selling and buying a zero turn with a hydro drive, which is very expensive. If you go with a different brand looks for a thick welded deck vs. stamped steel b/c if you hit something hard like a curb or concrete around a bilco door a stamped deck will bend.

For trimmer and blower (you want a blower, especially if you live on a corner lot or have a sidewalk a broom will not cut it). I originally purchased Kawasaki trimer and blower both worked extremely well and lasted ~9 years before the main bearing in the blower went and the fan blade committed suicide.

I replace the blower w/a top of the line Sthil and I would not recommend it b/c when I give it gas it torques and even with all the strap adjustments it isn't very comfortable.

I replace the string trimmer with a Honda HHT35, which is very nice but you may want to consider the HHT25 b/c the HHT35 is very heavy. Either way get a straight shaft.

For a snowblower, I purchased a honda track drive. I bought a 24" b/c I thought 36" would be too wide. Get a 36" otherwise you will be doing too many passes on the sidewalk and driveway. I would also think about wheels b/c the tracks make it hard to turn and don't really give me the traction I though they would. I am also very, very disappointed that the sides bend in very easily from the pressure of tall snow (not from hitting the curb).

Whichever string trimmer you get replace the head with a ECHO Speed-Feed 400 Universal Trimmer Head. It will save you hours of frustration!!!!

The nice thing about the Hondas that I have is they run on gas w/o oil.

Never forget is to add oil to the gas for the tools that require it. If you use straight gas it will run for ~ 15 minutes then die.

HTH.

Last edited by omasou; 05-21-2020 at 12:12 PM..
Appreciate 0