View Single Post
      11-26-2018, 12:46 PM   #13
Db750
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 991S & 2013 M3 CP

The speed issue could honestly be traction control if you are not used to modulating the throttle as needed on the m6. This would be especially true if the car is equipped with the garbage pirelli tires as they flat out can not put the power down.

As far as usability the m6 is pretty much a 7 series for two people imo. Very good size trunk for vert with the trunk partition up. My wife and I have taken ours on several week long vacations driving 10+ hours each way and for trips like this I'm not sure there is a better car. 7 series luxury for two up front, easily pass just about anything on the highway, pretty good gas milage, and when you arrive pull all the luggage and drop the top to cruise in style!

Having said that what you gain in usability from the prior model you give up in sport driving. While my wife's vert is faster in a straight line than my v10 coupe, in more sporty driving the v10 coupe was like an entry level exotic whereas this one is closer to just a faster regular series bmw. I'd say it's the best all around car I've ever owned (the transmission is of course fantastic and the suspension is actually really great for long distance cruising), but it without question would not be my pick for a weekend fun car. Sad to say but I don't think bmw makes anything nowadays that would be my first pick for that job.
Appreciate 0