View Single Post
      03-03-2021, 01:10 PM   #4
Germanauto
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Alfa Romeo Giulia, Rosso

I alluded to this in another thread, but the EVs I've driven are so sterile feeling. They'll accelerate fast sure, but the lack of sound means there is no drama or visceral feedback to add to the sensation of speed. They have no gear selectors or flappy paddles to play around with, and are incredibly heavy. The ultimate objective of these vehicles, besides being zero-emissions, is to remove the driver from the driving experience. No sensations, pindrop silence, autonomous technology, no buttons/switchgear. All "feedback" from the driving experience is virtualy eliminated.

For the average person who views automobiles as an appliance they are great, but for most enthusiasts they leave much to be desired. After driving a friend's Model 3 the other day I hopped into a Macan S, which obviously is no sports car, but it was such a thrilling vehicle to drive in comparison. Beautiful noises when accelerating, a proper shifter, and tight steering at even low speeds with proper road feel. I went from a cold clinical car into one bursting with emotion in comparison.

Last edited by Germanauto; 03-03-2021 at 01:15 PM..
Appreciate 2