View Single Post
      10-30-2019, 09:47 PM   #9
longm1985
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW 328Xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by exE36M3 View Post

BUT if you are pitching VCs for funding or plan on selling to businesses (e.g. Fortune 500), then I suggest getting a seasoned, local freelancer.

The latter is extremely sensitive to all things brand and first impressions.

(Me, Brand & Creative Director for a tech company, 25+ years in corporate design, marketing, etc)
I used to do advertising and product stuff for local businesses, and Riedel and a few other larger companies have bought some of my work as art in their offices (all contacted me through Instagram and we struck deals that way). I have the literal worst logo ever. It's just M. Long in font in the bottom right corner. And I've only had my stuff stolen once lol... It was a picture of a Hasselblad from above with an image on the screen I just took as an afterthought. Was shooting and saw what looked like a cool idea, so I just aimed my Canon down without really thinking much and bam, it got plenty of praise and is one of my most liked photos on social media (HASSELBLAD EVEN HIT LIKE!!!!). Go figure.

But generally, you are correct. Branding is extremely important, particularly in marketing images. If you're going to do business online, you need something that's unique and stands out. If you're approaching locals, it doesn't seem to be as important as showing them your BEST work.

I was bummed that I couldn't oversee the installation of my work (glassware with various drinks on fire) at Riedel. And shipping the large print was a nightmare. An EXPENSIVE nightmare.
Appreciate 0