01-29-2021, 07:50 AM   #2796
JP10
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sara504 View Post
Anyone have any advice on how to reduce "back fat." I've heard you can't really target fat loss to a specific area. Not sure if that's true or not. I'm not "fat" by any means but everyone has fat and for me it's where my bra band hits. There's a small muffin top that I can't stand when I look at myself in the mirror to see that. I have weights at home, I go to the gym, but I'm not really sure exactly how to target that area, if I even can target that area.
Haha you sound similar to my fiance, but her area of concerns is her arms. Long story short, targeting a specific area does not work. As your overall BF percentage reduces those areas will dwindle. Everyone is different and hold fat in different areas. For myself it would be my stomach & chest. I've never had any success trying to target those areas unfortunately. You can attempt to increase core work (targeting your lower back & obliques), but unless your diet (where I assume the problem might lie) changes then it most likely will remain the same. You can try to counter diet with exercise, but unless your workouts are crazy intense then it wont work.

Hope this wasn't too blunt of a response and good luck!
Appreciate 1
mkoesel7505.50