Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2016 640i xDr GC MSport

Garage List
KSW

Quote:
Originally Posted by $howtime456 View Post
correct. you need a module delete for that...thinks its the edc delete kit. Or you can buy the more expensive KWs with the edc in the shock already
I don't think KW manufactures a kit with EDC (or ICM, the new name for it) for the 6 series. What they can provide is an EDC Delete Module, which is a feedback loop to prevent the system from registering an "EDC Malfuntion" error.

I installed the KW Variant 3 with EDC Delete in my 535i. The kit has transformed the car - float is entirely gone, ride is outstandingly crisp but very comfortable (I use KW's recommended base settings). Lowering the car an inch also looks fantastic. One caveat: the EDC delete is via a wire which is prone to pinching or snagging somehow. Three of the four corners have required a repair so far.

I would love to try a 6 with KW's installed. Mine floats like an ocean liner, just like the 535i did when I first got it. It's the one thing I don't love about the car.

Will I put the KW kit in my 640? Not sure -- doesn't need lowering, may try something else.

Last edited by Errowen; 02-22-2018 at 10:16 AM..
Appreciate 0