View Single Post
      06-07-2021, 09:54 PM   #73
Joekerr
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2017 Audi S6

Do Americans truly feel unsafe the majority of the time and therefore feel they need to walk about with a CW?

What about in the small town bible belt areas?

My wife and I were sort of kicking around the idea of moving to America as a last resort (I think America would be a reasonably decent place to live to be fair, but it is a last resort because we'd both have to retrain in our careers and so it would be extremely disruptive and we'd be leaving family behind), but I'm wondering if people really honestly feel unsafe / scared about gun violence?

I've never really felt that way as a tourist, but admittedly, I'm probably walking around with blinders on. The attraction to America is that it seems to stand for something and act with some common sense, which is more than I can say for my current provincial and federal government. My concern is they will continue to lock us down in September and if so, we are seriously going to have to consider moving. Either to Alberta, the last conservative stronghold, or out of the country.

I think Alberta would be far less disruptive, but it comes with its own challenges.
Appreciate 1