drunk poster
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4 GTS | E46 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP10 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth One View Post
I just recently emerged from this particular rabbit hole on home office ergonomics. Read up a bit, but there's all these articles that talk about proper seating position, angles of your legs, elbows and spine, adjustable keyboard trays to get your forearms and wrists in the right alignment, monitor position relative to your eyes, and other stuff.

My wife and I both ended up with Humanscales as well. Diffrient World for her, Freedom for me. We sat in all the Humanscale and Herman Miller chairs. Which is a pain in the ass (pun) during a pandemic, but you really need to for a purchase like this.

Tbh what I really wanted was the Herman Miller soft pad because it looked so nice, but ergonomically the Freedom was the right choice. Only problem is I have to wait 4 damn weeks to get it 😡
Where did you go to test out all of the chairs? A lot of the places I have been do not have a massive selection of office chairs.
Just good old fashioned pavement pounding. I looked up the retailer showrooms of HS and HM, made appointments, rushed out of work because they close early nowadays, drove to locations in Fort Lauderdale and Miami, sat in each chair for a good amount of time while people stood in awkward silence, realized that the first HS retailer didn't carry the Freedom chair so I had to repeat the process one more time....and then finally placed orders.

I wasn't kidding about it being a pain in the ass
Appreciate 0