Rep
Drives: 2014 F06, 2022 G06

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnVe46 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by mastatikle View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnVe46 View Post
People should expand on what they mean when referring to abuse. Driving a high performance car the way it was designed to and doing maintenance when it calls for it, isn't abuse. Driving it hard and not doing maintenance would be abuse. A car that's been babied and never taken through the ringer isn't one I'd like to have. I'd rather have a car that's been well documented in maintenance and if it was driven like an M car was designed, so be it

If you're afraid of expensive repairs, you shouldn't own an M car out of warranty. Or any high performance German car. It's just reality. And it's more so the costs not reliability, generally speaking.
In regards to expensive repairs. I'm talking about the random electronic module spontaneously failing and costing $4000 to fix. Or a random dead wire in the CAS module that goes bad and takes 20hrs of labor just to R&I the dash plus the the new module. I don't care how much money I have. I don't consider a car reliable if it costs me a random $10,000 in electronic issues in a couple years. Again this could all be my crap luck, but I don't think anyone should plan for expensive repairs. Unless it's due to lack of maintenance or driver error.
Fair enough, everyone has their opinion and I can't argue that. Guess my point is out of all the M cars I've owned, they've all had expensive repairs that are frustrating, but I've become accustomed to it. And I ask myself would it be worth getting some not as fun or engaging and be bored everyday? I tried it on a brand new Rubicon and immediately sold for a $5k loss and got an Rs7, sold that four months later for this M6. I accepted the fact something may occur but the reward of driving these beautiful M cars outweighs it, for me of course
Truth be told this all BMWs, yea the M tag is higher - but I have always had random annoying unplanned expenses.
Appreciate 0