02-16-2019, 06:59 AM   #16
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 535i Jet Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by YuminNuman View Post
The only thing I do that my neighbors don't is set the deck high and keep the blade sharp, once per month. The sharp blade is the key. The gas edger is also a good move, much better than the upside down trimmer.

My problems are rabbits ... and ignorant neighbors / neighbors friends parking their tires on the strip between the sidewalk and road. I spend so much time tending to that strip every spring, and within a few weeks some idiot ruins it. I want to put markers or something there, but at the same time I don't want to be a dick, and at the end of the day it is just grass. But I sat out there and watered it 2x per day for almost 6 weeks and then you just park right over it and kill it. One guy down the road has just said fuck it and filled the strip with lava rocks.

I also watch the LCN on youtube, I'm like 1% as dedicated as he is.
ugh! same here about the strip by the sidewalk and curb. we have once a year I believe in May but they have the neighborhood garage sales for like 3 days and i probably mentioned it here on a different thread but my lawn literally got destroyed from these A Holes driving up on my lawn when parking. a lot of these people don't live in the neighborhood so they could give two chits! last year i had to put out flags all along the side of the street so it wouldn't happen again and it worked!

i always wondered how the heck do my neighbors get such a straight edge on the sidewalks and realized that there's an edger that does that. so i made it a point to buy one before Springtime. i ended up picking this one up because it had 79cc compared to the 29cc edgers. haven't taken it out of the box yet. having tall fescue i do heed to what Allyn Hayne says and i cut at 4" height and i also keep all 3 blades sharp for clean cuts!
~F90Conversion~21"3Piece Forged AvantGardeWheels~KWV1Coilovers~CQUENCE slotted/drilled rotors~GoodridgeStainlesslines~MeisterschaftQuadEx haust~Akrapovic 4"tips~VRSF DP~VRSF CP~TurboSmart BOV~K&N filter~CarbonFiberExteriorComponents~GladenAlphaCo mponents~MatchUp7BMW~Punch P300-12T~
Follow me on Instagram: lsturbointeg
Appreciate 0