View Single Post
      09-11-2020, 08:48 PM   #13
zx10guy
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2013 135i

Every dad's struggles are their own cross to bear. I wish I have the time many of you dads enjoy even with the challenges you all are going through. Coming from a situation where my ex pretty much did everything possible to make having time with our daughter a challenge and living nightmare, I'd gladly trade circumstances. Before the pandemic and before the custody agreement was solidified, I literally spent 10 hours a week driving back and forth to have time with my daughter while still managing a demanding full time sales job. The stress sent me to the hospital once as my doc thought I was having a heart attack. Before things got really bad with the ex, I spent about 2 weeks one time literally driving about 50 miles round trip 4 to 5 days of the week. I racked up 15k miles in 6 months on my 1er.

While the custody agreement made things easier, it was at the expense of having to accept the standard bullshit every other weekend and once a week dinner visit. And if anyone thinks I didn't look into fighting for 50/50, I did. The unfortunate thing was I trusted the wench during the separation and backed myself into a terrible corner. She flat out told us (myself and attorney) that 50/50 is a non starter. And because I was the main bread winner and she stayed at home through her own choice, I was on the hook for her attorney's fees. So she can take all the time she wanted as I was paying for both of our attorneys.

As my little girl grows up, it makes it harder and harder to drop her off at the ex's. I've been dealing with not having my little girl around full time for over 2 years now. I can count on one hand the number of days I've missed with my little girl. In my situation, every second my daughter is with me is precious.

Last edited by zx10guy; 09-11-2020 at 09:01 PM..
Appreciate 3
QM287.00
jninja514.50