EnVe46
Major
Rep
Drives: 11 E90 M3 LeMansBlue

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebmw View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmwtechgeek View Post
Yea I think you're right. As long as your not pushing the car hard like on a race track I think it will be ok.

Today's gasoline is good stuff even if the octane rating is lower.
Correct. And I'd wager to guess it 99% of M6 owners never track their M6, especially in winter! You will notice a decrease in power and a decrease in miles per gallon. But so what if you notice a decrease in power from 575 horsepower to 550 horsepower and lose 5% fuel economy.

93 octane is typically 25% more costly. So is it worth spending 25% more to get 5% more fuel economy and to get increased horsepower that you will absolutely never use on the road? Your choice. But bottom line is your car will not be harmed with 87 octane.
I don't agree with this, at all. The car requires a minimum octane level for a reason. Sure, one fill up isn't going to destroy it, especially if you drive it lightly. But continual use of subpar octane on a turbocharged engine is going to cause issues of some sort. Reduced performance might be the only issue but why buy a 500+ hp car to use fuel for a civic that'll reduce performance?!? If you can justify using proper fuel, go buy a 528 or something else that doesn't require higher octane.
JBF650111.00