No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW M6 Gran Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qsilver7 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by hirkaismyname View Post
...here are some things I can't stand.

2. [COLOR="DarkRed"]Have to reach behind you to engage the roller shades for the rear passenger windows -- typically like to engage the roller shades for privacy & heat reduction[/COLOR]

5. No real good place to put the phone/keys whilst driving. -- They door handles are the size of a pill box

10. Folding mirrors stock -- I don't want to reprogram the car and risk voiding the warranty.

H
Quote:
Originally Posted by spikespiegel View Post
Not sure what you mean by the roller shade? [COLOR="darkred"]Its one button press and rolls up automatically? [/COLOR]
Ditto Spike in regards to the rear electric window shades. All 3 rear shades can be controlled from the driver's door button. The only thing required to make all 3 rear shades work in harmony...is that they all have to be in the same position. If they are NOT in the same position (like the rear shade is up, but the rear door shades are down...you have to lower the rear shade first, then PRESS & HOLD the button on the driver's door and all 3 shades will go up and down together. There's no need to have to reach around to the back to operate the rear passenger door shades. Give it a try and report back if you got it to work. See pic below taken from the owners manual

I have no problem with my phone...if its not in my pocket...then I place it in the big ol armrest under my right elbow, or in one of the cup holders or in the door's lower pocket (perhaps the M6 doors don't have a pocket/bin on the lower half of the door?). The same applies to the remote/keys if they aren't already in my pocket...I just pop open the cup holder or the center armrest.

Coding the mirrors to fold when locking/unlocking won't void your warranty. But if it does frighten you enough...how much longer will you be under warranty? When it expires...you can code your heart out.

My biggest gripe is...I wish the front shoulder seat belts had been engineered to be anchored to the B pillar instead of making the 2 & 4 dr coupes have the same set-up as the convertibles.
I did not know this!!!! Thank you!!!