View Single Post
      08-19-2018, 11:42 AM   #217
pjs
Colonel
Rep
Drives: i8

Quote:
Originally Posted by beemarman View Post
I'm thinking about moving to the i8. what's is like compared the M6?
It's very different.

Some context - I do 20,000 miles a year so overall running costs are quite important to me. The M6 only lost 16k in depreciation buying at 3 years old, so I'm taking a little risk on the i8 - buying a 3 year old car for £53k - but only 15k miles on the clock.

I test drove the usual suspects (C63, RS5, Boxster) nothing compared to the M6 - so going i8 was a bit leftfield, and i'm loving it. It feels lower, lighter, better handling, just not quite as quick. It gets far more looks, and my neighbours are pleased not to get woken up by it.

it's averaging 55mpg so far, and I dont hang about. half my miles are urban just going with the flow - and these are mostly electric powered.

yeah it's not that practical, you get used to the doors, the boot is tiny, and the kids are squashed in the back on the odd occasion, but so far so good. the false sound isn't to everyone's tastes but i dont particularly mind.

What i did have the opportunity to do was to test drive one for a whole week when I had a i8 provided after a little bump - without this I dont think i'd be brave enough to buy one - once you learn how to get the best out of the car - eco/comfort/sport - edrive or not, how to charge (home or self charge using sport it makes a lot of sense. £0 tax too.

With a two year warranty, a two years of the service pack remaining, I fully expect to spend at least two years in it.

Hope that helps
Appreciate 0