View Single Post
      01-25-2022, 11:17 PM   #199
OkieSnuffBox
Major
Rep
Drives: '13 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by M_Six View Post
That's why I traded in the Z4. It was fine when I was commuting to Champaign and back (110 miles r/t) every work day. The car got plenty of use. But once I got my job only 3 miles from home, the Z just sat there. I wasn't going to risk the paint job by parking in the school lots. And since Wifey worked at the same school, we weren't even using her car. It was silly having 3 cars when 2 of them just sat idle. So when my dealer offered me a really sweet deal on the C300 in trade for my X5 and Z4, I took it. I do miss the Z4 sometimes, though.
I totally get you. I've considered trading in our '18 Mazda 3 on a new Frontier or Tacoma. We love to be outdoors and camp so a mid-size truck would be nice, especially since we don't need to worry about MPG. Even before they closed my office, I only went in 3 days per week and round trip was 12 miles.

If we didn't have 3 dogs and a cat, we'd probably sell the house and buy a full-size truck and travel trailer and just travel around and work that way.

The craziness of the used car market means I'm finally about $10k in equity in the car........my '135i developed rod knock, but the mazda dealer didn't find it in their test drive of the car (was faint until upper RPMs) so I immediately traded it in on the 1 year old Mazda, but I got screwed on trade-in for the 135, but took it because I didn't want to risk it lunching the engine while I had it.

But I also suspect there is going to be a correction in the market soon, so I figured the less liability I have the better. At this point, the car and mortgage are the only debt we have.
Appreciate 0