View Single Post
      09-15-2021, 08:29 PM   #32
ASAP
Major General
Rep
Drives: '23 X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by sygazelle View Post
No, I don't watch them. Skipping this crap is one of the most important uses of the fast forward button.

There are only two countries that allow these TV ads direct to consumers; The US and New Zealand.

For those who live in countries other that the US and New Zealand, consider yourself lucky you don't have to listen to endless pharmaceutical commercials. A typical one minute spots airs with 30 seconds promoting some new weird-named drug, pitching generic symptoms, and asking the viewers to ask their doctors about the drug. In the other 30 seconds, a speed talker reads and endless stream of possible side effect ranging from dizziness to heart attack, stroke, and bleeding from the anal orifice. A commercial break can include multiple of these horrendous ads.

The money big pharma pours into these endless commercials is paid for by skyrocketing drug prices. Year after year, these ads keep coming at us in record numbers, pushing the dwindling number commercial station viewers to cut their cables and use streaming services instead.

I'm sure I'm being short sighted about this and these ads do somebody some good, but for me its a hard no. I would never make a doctors appointment to ask about one of these drugs.
No bleeding from any anal orifices for me please!