View Single Post
      05-24-2021, 11:19 AM   #30
hellrotm
Banned
Rep
Drives: F80

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Maboomba View Post
You guys are really finding edge cases to criticize the future. If you are towing your boat eight hours to the Keys or your race car 400 miles away, buy a diesel truck. This is for people taking their boat to the local lake.

Here in the SF Bay Area this would work for me. I could take my boat around locally or to Monterey or Lake Tahoe.
Only downside I see to road trips is the Electrify America network is trash. I watched numerous reviews of people road tripping the Mach E and the network is very unreliable, from non working stations to never getting anywhere near the rated fast charge. Overall a very aggravating experience. Tesla charging network is years ahead of anything.

Keep in mind you are not getting 300 mile range on freeway. You will get about 20% less than epa rating going a constant 75mph. Towing adds another wrench. I would say under 100 mile range towing a boat. You will be stopping multiple times going to Tahoe, especially when you start going up grade and dropping range even more. Honestly if you are towing don’t buy this truck. Unless you are doing short local trips.

Last edited by hellrotm; 05-24-2021 at 11:26 AM..
Appreciate 1
stein_325i25083.00