View Single Post
      07-31-2020, 09:50 PM   #65
jmhumr
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW X1

I'm personally in the same boat because I have an X1 and need to upgrade for more interior volume now that we're taking 1,000-mile road trips to see family several times a year.

After months of research, I've discovered that the options are terrible if you don't want to grow all the way to a cumbersome 3-row (Telluride, Q7, CX-9, etc.).

Here's what's left on my short list in terms of luxury SUVs:

RDX - Seems to be perfectly sized and sporty, but gets bad marks for reliability and that touchpad is a spoiler.

XC60 - Super nice, plenty of power, nice size. My top complaint is that ventilated seats are only available as part of an outrageously expensive massaging seat option.

Grand Cherokee - The Summit is very nice, especially in white leather. But man that car has looked the same for 100 years and drives more like a truck than a sporty SUV. The 2021 version will be all-new but hasn't been revealed yet.

Other "value" oriented options I'm tracking:

Sorrento - All-new and looks interesting and full of features, but I suspect it's a boring drive (no driving impression reviews yet).

Edge - Rumors is they're finally gonna update the 2002-style infotainment setup for MY2021, so I'm curious if true. ST has a V6.

Passport - Heard this thing is FAST, but the styling is dreadfully boring inside and out, even for Honda.

Venza - Bringing back in 2021 and it looks more like a Lexus than a Toyota, but it only comes in hybrid so probably a bore to drive.
Appreciate 1
JP102466.50