Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 G80x M3C

Garage List
Congrats, it is a great car!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SixteenM6 View Post
Buy a quart of full synthetic 0w30 engine oil, you'll need it sooner or later, the M6 likes to drink some oil. You'll get a warning when the level is low.
I got pre-paid oil change plan for this very reason. Twice a year, no questions asked. I drive around 10K a year, that's every 5k, should be good enough, I think.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket54 View Post
Thanks. Its much appreciated. Biggest adjustment is getting use to the power and the many customizations. So far, best driving experience of my life. Thanks again.
Yup, lots of power, can't just smash the throttle and expect it to take off smoothly. Even in comfort settings, if you have a go at it right from the start, it will act quite wild. That being said, it will let you know very quickly when it has decided to go sideways

One word of warning for the comfort mode though. Since the car is so powerful, you learn to go easy on the throttle pretty quickly. Even in comfort mode, it accelerates quite well when you are moving from a standstill, so you go easy on it. However, it becomes "extra lame" when you are in highway speeds (6th or 7th gear). So, when you want to 'quickly' change lanes or overtake, you end up using your muscle memory to lightly use the throttle, expecting it to pick up speed as it always goes. But, it will surprize you as it just sits there in 'Prius-mode' not doing much, putting you in a very precarious position. This has happened to me on a couple of occassions and it is quite nerve-wrecking! Like someone else mentioned, set up those M1/M2 buttons, ideally M1 as "this may kill me" and M2 as "spirited driving that I can use to overtake quickly". Then, get into a habit switching to M2 before trying to make quick overtakes or lane changes

Quote:
Originally Posted by MelbourneFinn View Post
Go and have wheels aligned! And not by BMW dealer, find someone who knows what they do, including the difficult part (rear wheels in our cars) - makes a massive difference in how it drives.
Interesting. Can you ellaborate on dealer not doing a good job with alignment? I suspected that my wheels are wearing a bit unevenly in the front, so I asked my dealer to check the alignment. They said it was okay ... hmm.