04-18-2019, 12:52 AM   #33
BMWDriverX
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: G12 750i X-Drive

Quote:
Originally Posted by M6DYS View Post
Thanks for your feedback. To be honest with I had no idea that jb4 didn’t allow you to raise the rev limiter. Plus, I thought that they had a valet mode add on that allows users to switch their vehicles back to stock for emissions testing and for dealership visits. I like the fact that you can switch stages on the fly.

You have far more hands on experience with the jb4 tuner, than many others. Your 3 plus years of experience with that tuner allows you to validate the tuner without prejudice. Thanks for your input. Btw, if money weren’t a problem, what tuner besides jb4 would you have gotten?
I also ran the JB4, I had been running the JB piggyback since 2007 on various cars starting with the 335i and for the first time on a BMW i had the M6 flash tuned and to be honest I'm not going this route again. Next car i'm sticking with Piggy back even though it's a pain to install and remove with the BCM, you have to remove an intercooler, drain the coolant and refill. There is a piece of mind to knowing that you are not altering the BMW ECU data and that once you remove the piggy back there is little to no trace of it ever being on the car. On the JB4 map 2 I was making good power but there are drawbacks like the speed limiter and that you cannot run downpipes without having an error code on the dash which is why i went with a flash, I am very happy with it but always worry about my warranty and the powertrain.
Appreciate 0