View Single Post
      09-07-2018, 08:53 AM   #1
mgmarsh39
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Service Contract and Warranty question

I took the M6 in a few weeks back for the silly window motor issue, the one where they will roll halfway up, then bounce back down. While there, I mentioned I was feeling vibrations under braking.

Got a call back later that day, and no problem on the windows, new motors are on order, and all 4 brakes will be replaced under warranty.

Picked the car up with 4 brand new shiny brakes and will return to have the window motors done in a couple more weeks.

Fast forward to yesterday, dropped it off to get the windows fixed, and my adviser mentioned the dealership made a mistake on the service contract, and shouldn't have covered the brakes since I'm not the original owner. She said no problem, I don't owe any money just wanted to make me aware, because the oil and diff fluid are due. I will have to pay for those services.

Anyway, long winded but my question... Is the service contract transferable? I never thought to ask the BMW dealer I bought it from (shame on me). If so, anyone have any insight? Call BMW USA, and pay a fee?

My warranty is up next month, and I have an aftermarket extended warranty, so power train isn't a concern. If I can get a couple more fluid changes, or even plugs/filters etc I think it'd be worth a couple hundred bucks on a transfer fee.

I'm right around the 40k mile corner, and with new brakes, and now fresh oil/dif fluid I think I'm good for a while, just never know...

Thanks,
Matt
Appreciate 0