MPOWER5266
Major
Rep
Drives: 1997 Dinan m3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murf993 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by 9M4N71U View Post
Sorry to hear about your wife's grandfather. No - it wasn't directed towards you in particular and it sounds like you understand the seriousness of it all. I don't disagree the economic impact sucks but i'd gladly lose my job (my wife already did) if that means someone else surviving.
The thing that isn't being tracked at this point is the loss of life due to the economic impact and those who aren't getting or seeking required medical attention because of this virus. That number may end up being hight that the direct loss of life from Covid19.

The fact that 20% seems to be the asymptomatic number seems to indicate that the number of folks actually infected is likely much higher than the "confirmed cases", therefore the mortality rate is likely much lower as a percentage than is being reported.

Sad times
I heard an interview with Dr David Katz the other day and he said that you are seeing a roughly 20% infection rate everywhere. Italy and Sweden for example took very different paths and they both still have a roughly 20% rate. If Sweden put only the sick/old on lockdown they would have a much lower death rate. It was an interesting interview but I'm sure you could find someone with an opposing opinion.
Appreciate 2
King Rudi13154.00
Murf99314116.00