View Single Post
      05-07-2020, 09:39 AM   #30
9M71
Major
Rep
Drives: 2018 F80 M3 | 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murf993 View Post
So the mask isn't really for your protection but so you don't infect others. The virus can enter your body through mucus membranes like the inside of your nose or mouth, also your eyes and the most common method of infection is putting your fingers in your mouth or rubbing your eyes. I think the whole "wear a mask" at work has as much to do with corporate liability as it does to prevent he spread of the disease. FTR I'm not trying to diminish the impact this virus has had on folks.
Yes, exactly - its to protect "you from me" and "me from you". Now layer the asymptomatic transmission on top of it all. This is why the disease spreads like wildfire. Not wearing a mask is the worst thing you could do to ensure it spreads. Wearing one at least protects others from you, if you are asymptomatic and there is no way of knowing till wider testing. I understand a lot of the members here who don't wear one are in more rural areas. But all it takes is 1 person to ignite the fire and boom, there goes the rest of your town. Random antibody testing in NYC has already shown that almost 20% of the population here have antibodies, thus the majority are asymptomatic carriers who were unknowingly spreading the disease around earlier in the year.
Appreciate 2