05-07-2020, 09:35 AM   #29
MPOWER5266
Major
Rep
Drives: 1997 Dinan m3

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9M4N71U View Post
Self entitled, selfish pricks.

"Not airborne" - well if someone sneezes, its definitely going to be airborne for a bit. Idiot.

"Blown out of proportion" - maybe you're lucky that your area hasn't been too affected yet, and quite frankly the only way for it to stay that way is to take the precautions we should have started months ago. Being in an epicenter, I already lost a (young) friend, and a few others in the hospital including relatives who we've already accepted, most likely won't make it. Death rate is low, but still high enough that if the disease spirals out of control where you are, you're going to be affected personally one way or another.

Anyways back on the topic of masks - wife ordered some black bedsheets and sewed some up. Not N95 grade but should protect you from me and vice versa. We tried blowing out a candle while wearing the mask, and the flame didnt even flicker. Tried the same with an ASTM level 3 mask, same result. Then took a dollar store 1 layer cloth mask and the flame went out ASAP. Not scientific, but common sense says at least it makes a marginal difference.
I feel like the "blown out of proportion" remark was directed towards me. I have had some friends and family come down with it and it sucks, but I have had way more friends and family lose their jobs. My wife's 86 year old grandfather has it, and he hasnt left his nursing home in almost a year, they arent sure how he even got it since no one else has tested positive. It all sucks and I am sorry about your loss, but the vast majority of people survive and as studies seem to be finding, don't even know they have it. I wear my mask, wash my hands, avoid elderly/sick family, and stay home as much as possible, there isnt much else I can do.
Appreciate 3
Murf99314116.00
King Rudi13154.00
BimBimM21486.00