05-07-2020, 09:31 AM   #28
Murf993
Major
Rep
Drives: Porsche 993

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9M4N71U View Post
Self entitled, selfish pricks.

"Not airborne" - well if someone sneezes, its definitely going to be airborne for a bit. Idiot.

"Blown out of proportion" - maybe you're lucky that your area hasn't been too affected yet, and quite frankly the only way for it to stay that way is to take the precautions we should have started months ago. Being in epicenter, already lost a (young) friend, and a few others in the hospital including relatives who we've already accepted, most likely won't make it. Death rate is low, but still high enough that if the disease spirals out of control where you are, you're going to be affected personally one way or another.

Anyways back on the topic of masks - wife ordered some black bedsheets and sewed some up. Not N95 grade but should protect you from me and vice versa. We tried blowing out a candle while wearing the mask, and the flame didnt even flicker. Tried the same with an ASTM level 3 mask, same result. Then took a dollar store 1 layer cloth mask and the flame went out ASAP. Not scientific, but common sense says at least it makes a marginal difference.
So the mask isn't really for your protection but so you don't infect others. The virus can enter your body through mucus membranes like the inside of your nose or mouth, also your eyes and the most common method of infection is putting your fingers in your mouth or rubbing your eyes. I think the whole "wear a mask" at work has as much to do with corporate liability as it does to prevent he spread of the disease. FTR I'm not trying to diminish the impact this virus has had on folks.
Appreciate 5