View Single Post
      12-03-2019, 06:32 PM   #19
Whipple
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW M6 Gran Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeonBisha View Post
Hi guys sorry if its already been asked but i am in a little dilema with my exhaust setup,

Currently on the car:

Rear/back boxes/mufflers opened up and fibreglass removed amd straight pipe welded back! Also valves welded open all the times!

Middle resonator/silencer on!

Today I did open the oem cats right next to turbo’s and gutted only one plate on each side rather then both, apparabtly the guy who did it told me if i did both it would be too loud especially being on convertible!

My goal/aim is have a nice sound but minimal drone, which i find no issues as long as middle silencer on so far is good!

I want to be able to have pops and crakles,

I do have a DMS remap so doing oem complete downpipe there wont be any issues eith eml light coming on

So my question is??? Should i gut completely the primary cats in order to achieve more pop and crakles? Or do i remove resonator and leave cats gutted just one side?

Will i get waste gate rattle if I completely gutt the cats?

Please guy any input would be appreciated, especially if someone been down situation!

Thanks in advance.
I will give you my experience with wastegate rattle form what I know,
My car in stock form has zero wastegate rattle ,I know what it is and I know what to listen for and know what it sounds like,So I first installed a Full Meistershaft GTC exhaust with stock catted downpipes, that means from the downpipes all the way to the mufflers the piping was replaced to 3.5 pipe with a velocity box in the middle section ,when I installed just those pipes I started to hear the rattle,I can only hear it if I was next to my house revving it up and down but heard it very slightly.I think just the larger pipe made it more audible even with the cats in.

Later I installed it with the catless downpipes and that was a game changer on how loud the car got the cold start was insane and my neighbors hated me.
The wastegate rattle I can hear loud and clear , it rattles a little right before you come to a stop and thats it ,it doesn't bother me at all,I know its a normal thing for the car,Later I had the car tuned to get rid of the cold start and it great now.

With the tune and exhaust the car sounds insane I get a small burble on deceleration, the cracks and pops are on another level sometimes it sound like a small explosion from the rear of the car and the whistle from the turbos its great its so worth it !

In the interior its not loud at all ,turbos themselves actually act like a muffler so at low idle and slow cruising speeds it actually quiet ,around 2k I do get some drone but its not a bad drone there are different levels of drone,also some people are more sensitive to drone than others,I can take my wife in the car and there is no complaining then its not that bad lol ,I also have the electric valves to make it quiet but I rarely use it

If I was you to get the best out of stock exhaust ,if it has a ZCP exhaust the front resonators are hollow already so there is nothing to clean out , I would of left the exhaust stock and just installed catless downpipes and kept my stock catted pipes for when you want to go back to stock ,if you have a non comp exhaust cut out the front resonators and straight pipe them, the catless pipes will make a world of difference with stock exhaust
Dont forget you can install a exhaust meister valve controller it hooks up to your vacuum lines in the trunk ,this way you can control your factory valves with a remote or via the garage door opener if its to loud you can just close them when you need it .
2015 M6 Gran Coupe> DME stage 3 tune back end flash>JB4 with Methanol control>Fabworx Catless downpipes>Full Meistershaft GTC exhaust 102mm GB tips>Built motor with Forged Cp Carillo Rods and Pistons > SSP spec X clutch > Stage 1 Pure Turbos>PG front mount intakes>PG charge coolers>Vorsteiner front and rear Carbon diffuser>Auto Tecknic Carbon shift paddles>3D Design aluminum pedals
Appreciate 0