01-13-2022, 10:18 AM   #9
Qsilver7
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F06 650ix GC / F15 X5 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derekz4 View Post
I guess that is somewhat good news. I was under the impression that the directions shown in the HUD was lost too. Other than trying to get the address in the navigation, I found the directions in the HUD to be quite handy.
I couldn’t say the same with entering addresses with voice commands.

What I will miss is the ability to send a destination from my phone.

I can't ever remember using any of the other things that will be lost (see pic below). I guess if I was in an accident or if someone stole my vehicle...having those services would be missed.

I don't find entering addresses manually that difficult...in fact, I don't even attempt voice commands for entering destinations. Thankfully the X5 has the "touch" iDrive scroll wheel...so when in that vehicle it is easy just to "write" the address into the system. And as mentioned in my previous post...if you have updated nav maps...you can use the POI (point of interest) feature to enter the address for guidance if you're going to a business address. And if it is a place that you will frequent...you can save the destination so you can quickly find it again without having to enter the address.
Attached Images

Become a BMW CCA member! Click HERE to join and feel free to use my BMW CCA member #191509 as a referral.
Appreciate 0