View Single Post
      01-12-2022, 07:11 PM   #7
Derekz4
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW 640i. BMW Z4,01 Bullitt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qsilver7 View Post
Just for verification…when you say “guidance” are you referring to map navigation? If yes, you won’t be losing that feature on the iDrive screen or on the HUD. You will be losing RTTI (traffic info)…but you’ll still be able to enter a destination & use destinations that you already have stored. You will also still be able to use guidance from any POI (point of interest) data you have from your nav map data. And you will still be able to update your nav maps (in case you still have old ones or the original maps.

In regards to hiding Airtags…there’s lots of small spaces. The first aid kit compartment in the trunk, the holder and the area below it where the rear fuses are located, the map pockets behind the front seats, the card holder in the top of the center armrest, the rear armrest area, hang it on the trunk’s emergency release handle.
I guess that is somewhat good news. I was under the impression that the directions shown in the HUD was lost too. Other than trying to get the address in the navigation, I found the directions in the HUD to be quite handy.
I couldn’t say the same with entering addresses with voice commands.
Appreciate 0