JDMSteven
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '13 F13 M6, '94 JDM Supra

Garage List
2013 BMW M6  [10.00]
Smile New Owner Observations, 2013 F13

I've had my M6 for a month now, and although it's primarily a weekend toy, I've made an active commitment to drive it more than the car it's replacing, a 2015 Mercedes-Benz CLS550, and prior to that a 2011 BMW 535i xDrive. I don't hold out from driving my cars because I intentionally want to keep the miles low and preserve it, but rather to keep it exciting every time I DO take it out. If I drove my "fun" car everyday I'd be buying another one every 6 months LOL.

Here's some things I've noticed in the couple hundred miles, I'd love to hear from other owners your thoughts on these things:

1. Why on earth, on a sports car like this, are the valves closed even in sport plus under a certain RPM?! I wish there was an independent button for it like on other cars, either open or closed. I plan on rigging them open.

2. My seatbelts are INSANELY stiff, to where I barely have any range of motion while I am wearing it. My salesperson said it's an M Car thing, but I've never sat in another M car to test his theory. There's also a little plastic thingy on my lap portion and I have no idea why it's there, it slides back and forth and is kind of sharp. WTH is it, and can I just cut it off?

3. I'm sure every new M car owner has complained about this but, why does the shutdown procedure have to be so complicated? I know how to use it and it's easy for me, but every time I hand the keys to someone else, I have to give them a crash course on how to shut the car off properly.

4. I'm a Jaguar Land Rover salesman, and I have a couple of PDK Panamera's on my lot right now. God, why can't my BMW DCT feel like that? LOL, it's just a much more seamless transmission, especially at parking lot speeds and maneuvers, it functions much more like an auto than my DCT does.

All in all, I LOVE this thing, and after lusting after an M6 for so long I'm happy I pushed my fears of reliability aside to own this incredible machine.
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
ind_can98.00