Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M6

Garage List
2016 BMW M6 CP  [0.00]
BimmerTech Nav updates

BimmerTech pre-loaded USB map update

For anyone who has wondered about navigation map updates, cost, installation etc. I recently ordered a 2018/19 map update for my 2016 M6 with Competition Package from BimmerTech. There has been a lot of new construction in my neighborhood and it was annoying that my Nav didn’t display the accuracy of what I drove through daily. I was educated by BimmerTech via email that I would not need all sequential updates, essentially I could skip any missing years not updated. Ordering is easy and verified compatible by entering your VIN on their website. Email correspondence includes order confirmation and shipping status. There are multiple choices for updates via a subscription option for future years as they are available if you’d like. I simply ordered the “one time” update. The USB drive arrived in the mail rather quickly and packaged very nicely with very easy to understand step-by-step instructions. I simply plugged the USB drive into the center console and followed the on screen directions displayed on the idrive screen. The map update processes through the vehicle idrive system just as it would by a technician at any BMW dealership or service center. I was surprised at how long the car took to load the update (I believe it was almost 30 minutes) but that’s not an issue with BimmerTechs product but rather the idrive system just loading the data. There is a percentage status that displays how much of the process is done and remaining. The update functions flawlessly, the price was very good, AND I didn’t have to go to the dealer and wait and pay a ridiculous amount! I even received emails checking on my satisfaction with the product and the process. I highly recommend BimmerTech, their correspondence via email is very quick and informative. I plan to use the additional services they provide for USB loaded coding in the future. Any questions feel free to PM me.

https://www.bimmer-tech.net/shop/bmw...date-2018-2019
Appreciate 1