View Single Post
      04-14-2019, 11:16 PM   #24
Jeffxxx
Private
Rep
Drives: 2015 bmw m6 GC competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by M6DYS View Post
From the many data that I have read, Bootmod3 doesn’t do well as a stand alone tuner. In addition, many people have mentioned long term problems with the tuner. They say that it’s not good for daily driving. However, it seems to work decent on track tuned vehicles that are married to other tuners.

Maybe you could provide some insight on the Bootmod3 ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by M6DYS View Post
I believe that it is. I’m asking you the say question. Do you have the Bootmod3 tuner on your vehicle? If you do, can you give us your take on it?
I just put the 91 octane stage 1 tune on. I've only driven the car once to test it afterwards. So my opinion isn't worth much. But it drives perfectly fine and made a significant difference in power. Not sure where daily driving issues would be coming from as it drives just like stock. The install was easy as well. I did a lot of reading about the bootmod3 across multiple forums for different vehicles and not sure if I recall many negatives about it. If you have a link to some that would be appreciated.

I have fabworx catless headers coming and I will map it to their stage 2 tune after install and run data logs to see how it looks.

Last edited by Jeffxxx; 04-14-2019 at 11:26 PM..
Appreciate 2
M6DYS17.50