04-05-2019, 11:10 PM   #10
Xx__xs
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: m6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whipple View Post
Did you get a dyno tune or a OTF tune (off the shelf ) Tune?
I would suggest you getting a dyno tune so the tuner can adjust your parameters and fully see how your car is running to its full potential on 91 octane gas, you said he lowered your boost , I’m thinking your tuner is guessing the Motor is knocking and pulling timing in result of loss of engine power due to shitty fuel, if 91 is only available you might want to drop down to stage 1 and see how that works,700 whp on 91 octane is asking for a lot
OTF tune. i recommended a dyno tune after i saw the low hp numbers, he said come in for a retune. i went in, he drove my car. and did a diagnosis with a laptop while driving. retuned it (and yes that is why he lowered the boost due to knock) drove it again, said it feels better now. there was still some knock.

now i have yet to dyno it. im in cali so all we have is 91. sure i can get flex fuel but thats not realistic. im not gonna be filling that up regularly.

well i paid for a stage 2 so i dont know how dropping to a stage 1 will increase power..i dont know. it is asking for a lot but i just wanted what he promised which is 620whp. im pretty far from that.
Appreciate 0