View Single Post
      06-02-2018, 12:04 PM   #16
mberbic
IG: @M6erbic
United_States
Rep
Drives: F12 M6

Swapping Start Button/ Removing Dash

So I went to try and replace my start/stop button and couldn't find a decent guide so I figured I'd do a write up on it.

I tried to use mounting tape and sticky putty to pull it out but no luck...

First step is to remove a little trim piece under your gauge cluster so that you don't break anything. I did not use a Trim removal tool at all, I simply grabbed it on both sides with my fingers and pulled kind of downward and to myself with a little bit of force and it popped right out. You'll notice there are 3 clips holding it in.

Once you have that piece removed, simply slide your finger under the wood grain/carbon fiber/aluminum trim and pull up.

There's a total of 4 clips holding this piece in, the first being right at the edge, second just above the start/stop button, and the other two on the passenger side. This is very easy to pull out

Once you have it pulled off, you need to unhook 3 connectors, 1 for the start/stop button and 2 more between the A/C vents. (didn't show this in pictures)

Once you have the assembly off, there are 3 little screws holding in the start/stop button.

The third screw(not shown in image) also holds another piece in place but you should be able to wiggle off the buttons so that it slides out without taking the other piece off...

Once you have just the button assembly, pop off the aluminum looking ring that's held in by 3 clips and you should be able to pry off the button from there...

I know some of the images are out of order but I swapped it out and then decided to do a write up after so I had to go through the process again...

Last edited by mberbic; 06-02-2018 at 12:20 PM..
Appreciate 2