Thread: Brake Squeak?
View Single Post
      07-10-2019, 06:51 PM   #1
ep3
Private
Rep
Drives: 07 335i and 14 M6

Brake Squeak?

Anyone have issues with this? Basically, I am getting some noise out of the rear calipers when applying the parking brake and while driving. As you may or may not know, this car comes with two "options" Brake Standby and Brake drying. So, it's always adjusting the pads onto the rotor and preparing for hard braking scenarios and/or keeping the rotors dry during rainy conditions.

It's not pad on rotor noise, but sounds like the caliper actuating to me. All 4 were replaced by BWM under warranty due to them breaking off a caliper nut accidentally during a brake service. Ever since I had it returned, it's been making a squeaking noise when parking and when driving. After bringing it back in, I was told this now new noise is normal and there's nothing they can do unless I want to pay for them diagnosing it. It's a little annoying to be told that when there wasn't an issue before I brought it in.

Both noises are the same, so that leads me to believe that the issue is with the caliper and not the parking brake actuator. The noise is also not happening due to the car rolling back after applying the brake.

Last edited by ep3; 07-11-2019 at 09:51 PM..
Appreciate 0