08-04-2018, 08:11 PM   #14
Cincinnatus
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 M6

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAbed View Post
I am leaning towards purchasing a 2013 M6, but the headlights kinda bother me. Not so much a fan of the led light bar that sits under the angel eyes for the 2013 (series of LED dots). The 2016's have a led bar that doesn't have individual dots but more of just a bar that illuminates. I love the new look and was wondering if i can purchase a set of 2016 headlights and installing them on a 2013. If its not possible directly, is it possible to retrofit them on? or would i have to buy the new bumper as well as the headlights? Please provide insight, thank you!
Seems the thread has run off the rails a bit and diverted to other issues.

I don't know technically if it's possible to change the '13 lights to the LCI style. It seems a lot of work, and expense, to just relocate the turn signals from bottom to top. Be prepared for a hefty bill in the 4 digits range when you're done.

Just one man's opinion, the adaptive LED setup on the pre-LCI is still pretty much state-of-the-art and many prefer the aesthetics over the newer style. Functionally, my understanding is that they're identical. If your goal is to make a 13 look like a 16 (or whatever...) then have at it. It's yiur money to burn. But you won't notice a single bit of difference, and that money could go to something else. Like a tune, or whatever.
Appreciate 0