View Single Post
      10-24-2019, 01:54 PM   #1
Frupal
Mad Fiddler
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW 640i GC

De-badge and CocoMats

I clean my car all the time. You would be hard pressed to find dust on my car because as soon as it appears I wipe it off with Meguiar’s Ultimate Quick Detailer, or if, God Forbid, she gets dirty enough we go straight to the car wash. A self serve wash. Never a machine wash. Anyhow. You get how particular I am about this car.

That being said, I am thinking of removing the ‘640i’ badge from the trunk because it’s really hard to clean between the letters. I suppose I could use Q-tips, but I’m not sure that that would get it totally clean.

Are the letters easy to pop off? Or should I re-think this entirely, get Zen with the fact that they’ll never really be clean and forget about it. Lol!

In other news: I ordered a set of floor mats off of eBay that had the M logo embroidered on them and I was never happy with them. They look cheap, the logo embroidery isn’t thick enough and the coverage isn’t complete - in short they look cheap and I am not going to live with them.

The problem: BMW no longer makes floor mats for our discontinued cars. I did find floor mats that looked good online at Dinan, but they were almost $300.00 and they had a big ‘DINAN’ embroidered on them and I did not feel like explaining to everyone that got into the car what Dinan was. There are also some other after market mats but they look cheap as well.

Then I saw a Jay Leno video extolling the virtues and qualities of CocoMats. You can find the video at CocoMats.com. I remember these from when I was a kid and they are of superb quality. So I ordered a set in Black Herringbone. I’ll have them in three weeks!
Appreciate 0