View Single Post
      01-21-2020, 11:36 AM   #13
JC04
Private
Rep
Drives: MX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taheemr View Post
Has anyone experience of steering wheel judder at motorway speeds, I have started to getting judder at speeds of 80mph onwards albeit very slight, had wheels balanced several time so balancing is perfect, issue still persists, the car is due to have front discs replaced under warranty as I was getting ever so slight pedal and steering judder when braking, not sure discs would cause steering wobble without braking or would they ?

Any view on what may be causing this, totally ruins driving experience

Many Thanks

I had a similar issue. Turned out one of my tires was out of round and can't be balanced. I had it replaced and fixed the issue.

If you have another set of tires, you can test it to know whether your wheels/tires or suspension issues. In my case, my car drove perfectly on my winter tires over 100+ mph but the summer wheels/tires created a steering vibration when it's over 80+ mph. Therefore, I knew either my summer tires or rims were not within specs.

I went to multiple places to have my wheels balanced, including road force balancing. They also blamed my rims were bent which I also fixed but didn't resolve the steering vibration issues. Finally, I found a place that actually know how to do road force balance, and they showed me one of my tires was out of round. I had that tire replaced and it fixed the issue of steering wheel vibration over 80 mph.

The issue popped up when I got a brand new set of Michelin PS4 tires. I didn't look too hard into the tires because it was brand new. However, sometime brand new tires are out of round from the factory and cant be balanced at all and it has to be replaced.

Last edited by JC04; 01-21-2020 at 11:45 AM..
Appreciate 0